The Blank side Temperature Control - an add-on to XPAR Vision’s GobAssist, assists container glass manufacturers to improve their product quality and increases the glass-forming-process capabilities by monitoring and controlling the temperature of the blank mould, neck ring, plunger and parison, at all cavities.
BTC operating principle
The BTC continuously monitors the temperature of all cavities and gives an alarm when the temperature inside the cavity exceeds the set limit.
The BTC ensures to find, to maintain and to retrieve the optimal temperature distribution within seconds, eliminating an important source of process variation and eliminating critical defects related to bad temperature distribution.
Connected to the company’s network the BTC enables remote access for production specialists to review the status of the forming process and apply changes to settings and configurations.
Combined with other XPAR solutions, XPAR Vision provides real-time process information of the Hot End forming process, from the cutting of the gob, until the glass containers enter the annealing lehr.
Capabilities of the BTC solution
- Automatic temperature measurement
- Real-time cavity related
- Multiple measurement points per cavity: blank mould, neck ring, plunger, gob and parison
- Single, double, triple and quad gob support
- Multi-product support
- All glass colours
- Round and non-round ware
- Bllow-Blow process support
- Press-Blow process support
- Wide-Mouth Press & Blow support
- NNPB support
- Closed loop for automatic temperature control is possible
- Fixed to the blank side of the IS-machine, the BTC camera module is moving on the same guiding rail as the GobAssist without interfering with the operator’s workspace & safety
- A BTC user interface is integrated with the GobAssist user interface console
- Centralized & networked computer architecture (no exposure to Hot End environmental conditions)
- Reliability and serviceability for maximized uptime
- Open interface with many production information systems