In the last two years we have almost doubled our development team, from 7 up to 13 fte. This extension - obviously - is the result of our commitment to continue the development and support of our portfolio hot end sensor technologies and its application for process automation in the global container glass industry.
Hot end sensor technology is a necessity for the container glass industry to move from quality selection (in the cold end) to quality control and ultimately process automation (in the hot end). Process automation in the hot end is a necessity to improve efficiency, maximize profit, reduce defects and make lighter and stronger glass containers. In our vision, the industry could become much more flexible, with decreasing dependency on people, reduced safety risks and less energy, materials and carbon emission. Besides a positive contribution to our planet, this will help improve the competitiveness of the container glass industry in the worldwide packaging materials market. That in return will positively influence the health of all species on earth.
XPAR Vision portfolio
Nowadays, XPAR Vision portfolio of hot end sensor technologies consists of:
- IR-D, InfraRed Dual camera system for inspection, process monitoring and process control;
- XMIS, (SQL based information system);
- IGC, Infrared Gob weight Control, add-on system to IR-D for automated and high accuracy control of the weight of the gobs;
- Gob Assist, for monitoring and controlling the gob loading;
- BTC, Blank side Temperature Control, for monitoring temperature distribution on the blank side;
- BoX, Automated closed loop control in order to manage (= keep constant) ware spacing and vertical glass distribution
XPAR Vision proudly presents … our new Development (Dream) Team, which consists of 13 man and women, all masters and/or Phd’s in the fields of a.o. computer science, applied and experimental physics, mathematics, artificial intelligence, chemistry and mechanical engineering.
With the recent extension we reinforce our leadership in hot end inspection, process monitoring and process automation in the container glass industry. Together with our customers and partners we are highly committed to make step wise changes and give glass a stronger competitive position over other packaging materials.