XPAR Vision is a private held, independent company from the Netherlands – a spinoff from the University of Groningen - specialized in and leading innovations of advanced sensor and robot technology for the global container glass and table ware industries. We actively help the industries making glass lighter and stronger whilst improving efficiencies and speed, reducing their carbon footprint and reducing the human dependency.
At XPAR Vision we develop, install, implement, service and maintain hot end sensor and robot technologies. Our products and services help to improve the forming process performance and quality control for the global container glass and table ware industries. Since our foundation in 1999 we have become specialists and market leader in optimizing the hot end part of the production process. Until today we have installed and implemented more than 600 systems in more than 35 countries on all continents. Our portfolio consists of the following products:
- IR-D, InfraRed Dual camera system. An infrared camera system for (real time) hot end forming process control and quality inspection of bottles, jars and drinking glasses.
- IGC, Infrared Gob weight Control system. A system for automatic hot end gob weight control.
- GA, GobAssist. An optical camera system for measurement of (hot end) loading parameters, like position, speed, length and time of arrival of the gobs, before they enter the blank mould.
- BTC, Blankside Temperature Control system. A system for measurement of (hot end) temperature parameters, like blank temperature, plunger temperature, neck ring temperature and parison temperature.
- Integration. Development of automatic hot end closed loop, between XPAR sensor technology and IS-Machine timing systems, focused on intelligent use of sensor data in order to steer automatically process parameters to control ware spacing, glass distribution and cooling conditions.
We see development as the core of our business. About 50% of operational costs relate to development. Today we employ 15 highly skilled experts from disciplines as applied physics, mathematics, artificial intelligence and computer science. Among them a few PhD’s. Within multidisciplinary teams we improve and maintain our current systems, support our customers and develop future systems.
Finally it is not about the product itself, but about the value our customers extract from the product. In order to guide our customers in making best use our (new) technologies, we employ a team of former glass makers and specialists. In total within our company we have more than 100 years of glass making experiences. It is our consultants’ main task to spend their time in glass factories, where they help customers to implement, operate and optimize our systems, in order to take maximum advantage of all the benefits. From here customers are satisfied and our consultants get immediate customer feedback which in return is valuable input for our development team.
Proper application of our technologies helps the container glass and table ware industries making glass lighter and stronger whilst improving efficiencies and speed, reducing their carbon footprint and reducing the human dependency. The potential savings for the glass manufacturers are enormous. Realizing these improvements and will of course positively influence the image of glass and glass will be much more competitive with other materials, such as cans, cartons and plastics (PET). Together, we can make a substantial contribution to a better world (people, planet & profit).